The commercial cleaning industry in Australia has undergone significant upheavals in the past decade. Many businesses are trying to get a firm foothold in the marketplace and carve out a niche in the highly competitive business climate. Although there are many commercial cleaning companies, it is still very possible for a new enterprise to enter the market and compete favourably.
However, survival in the commercial cleaning industry crucially depends on the information one has at hand, as well as how dynamic their business strategy is. If you are wondering how the cleaning industry is shaping up, here are a few statistics that may surprise you.
1) According to statistics published by the Allied Market Research, the global cleaning services market is anticipated to reach 74 billion dollars by the year 2022. The report titled “Cleaning Services Market-Global Opportunity Analysis and Industry Forecasts, 2014-2022” indicated that the industry will grow at a rate of 6.6% annually from 2016 to 2022.
2) The commercial cleaning industry in Australia is currently worth a staggering $12 billion. The industry recorded exponential revenue growth due to an increase in the number of businesses.
3) Total revenue generated by the commercial cleaning industry in Australia is expected to increase at a rate of 4.1% annually over the next 5 years. With more properties coming up in key commercial cities, it is expected that the services of cleaning companies will be in greater demand.
4) Projections indicate that the Australian commercial cleaning industry is likely to grow by 1.8% this year as more people outsource the services of cleaning companies.
5) Industry reports from key observers attribute slow growth rate to low confidence in cleaning businesses and customer dissatisfaction. It is reported that most cleaning businesses lose over half of their clientele due to poor service.
In reality, most reputable cleaning businesses hardly ever get the credit they deserve for a job well done. This fact along with competition from other franchises makes it difficult for startup companies to survive in the market.
Nevertheless, new entrants into the industry can significantly improve their services by investing in quality equipment and providing their employees with proper training.
6) There are currently 30,463 commercial cleaning businesses in Australia. Statistics also indicate that the commercial cleaning industry employs about 157,864 people. As more businesses enter the market, it is expected that the cleaning industry will become a key employer in the next few years.
7) Reports by industry observers show that the commercial cleaning industry is expected to generate $325 million in revenues in 2019.
8) More cleaning businesses are taking a green approach to service provision. Reports indicate a trend in the commercial cleaning industry where more enterprises are adopting environmentally friendly practices in the course of conducting business. This includes the use of eco-friendly cleaning products and environmentally friendly waste disposal methods.
9) Industry reports indicate that the increase in revenue growth in the commercial cleaning industry is driven mainly through dual-income middle-class families. Statistics by the Australian Bureau of Statistics show that over 70% of full-time workers in Australia put in long hours (40 hours per week). This fact makes them more likely to outsource the services of commercial cleaning businesses.
10) Residential cleaning businesses generated the highest revenue of all cleaning enterprises in the industry. This is largely attributed to an aging baby boomer population. Retired Australians prefer to enlist the services of home cleaning companies in order to remain in their homes instead of moving to supported care centers.
Despite the economic downturns and risk of global recession, the commercial cleaning industry is shaping up pretty well. Resilient enterprises have managed to survive the hard times, and more businesses are opening every day.
If you are looking for a reliable Sydney commercial cleaning company, then look no further than Evolve Cleaning. We offer the best eco-friendly cleaning and waste disposal services at affordable rates. We have 20 years of experience, working for some of the biggest brands in Australia. By enlisting our services, you are guaranteed to have a clean and conducive environment for all staff members and visitors.
Give us a call on (02) 8313 7035, or visit us today to find out more about our attractive cleaning packages.